Tips and Tricks
From MorphOS Library
Revision as of 15:38, 27 January 2015 by JPV (Created page with "''Originally published at: http://jpv.wmhost.com/morphos/tips/'' ''Everyone is welcome to make additions and corrections here.'' == Basic Features == === Modifying the Syste...")
Originally published at: http://jpv.wmhost.com/morphos/tips/
Everyone is welcome to make additions and corrections here.
Modifying the System Directory
- Tip #1: NEVER modify anything in the MOSSYS: (SYS:MorphOS/) path! All the changes are lost in the system upgrade. If you need to add any 3rd party drivers or libraries, add them to SYS:. If there isn't a correct directory by default, make one.
- There's only one exception (of course there is one) to this: you can rename MOSSYS:Libs/rexxsyslib.library to MOSSYS:Libs/rexxsyslib.library_disabled when you copy 68k version of rexxsyslib.library to SYS:Libs/ in order to get the AREXX working.
- At first, check the default ones and define your favourites in System Settings -> IControl -> Hotkeys and in Ambient Settings -> Keyboard.
- Other keys:
- To zoom Ambient icons in icon mode: keep CTRL pressed and use the mouse wheel.
- To find and select files in Ambient windows by letter: start typing the wanted name when the window is active. Keep shift-key pressed for directories.
- To enter a path manually (for example for hidden dirs like .recycled): press the / key in an Ambient window and type in the path.
- Command-f activates the find function in most programs.
- The r-key rotates the pictures in Ambient's internal viewer and page up/down keys select previous and next images in a dir
- Check the keyboard commands of the shell, like by default, commands can be completed with CTRL-tab, devices with ALT-tab, history with shift-tab etc.
- Keeping the alt-key pressed while double clicking drawer gives you different ways to open drawers.
Enabling/Disabling Icon Tooltypes
- Double click single tooltypes to enable and disable them in the icon information window.
Browsing History in Ambient
- Clicking the parent button () on an Ambient window (in browser mode) with the right mouse button gives you a browsing history popup menu for quick jumping between locations.
Sync the Clock from Internet at Boot
- Add this line to S:user-network-startup file:
- Run DETACH MOSSYS:C/SetClockNTP SAVE
Redirecting AHI Music Unit
- You can select Unit 0 as the Music Unit in AHI to be able hear audio output from multiple programs at the same time, with a slight decrease in quality.